If you reuse an item instead of purchasing a new item, that is one less thing that could end up in a landfill or need to be recycled.
There are a number of ways you can reuse:
- Refill your plastic drink containers with water or your favorite beverage.
- Use both sides of your paper before recycling it.
- Purchase used items when possible instead of buying new ones.
- Have broken items repaired before buying a new item.
- Sell or donate items instead of throwing them away.
- Turn unused items into art.
- Use old glass jars as containers.
- Use worn clothes as rags for cleaning.
If you know of other ways to reuse more please share them in the comments section.